Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We Could Be Related To Einstein

Who said I wasn't creative? Who said I couldn't make science come alive for my kidlets? Who said I would mess up every single experiment I ever tried to do and should just spend the money on the video that shows the kids how a pro does it? Well, let me tell you, we did an awesome experiment the other day and, much to my surprise...I mean, satisfaction, it worked like a charm. We were all so pleased that we wanted to share the experience with you.

What we have here is a common, household item called the "empty water bottle." Placed inside said bottle is a challenging mixture of water, sugar and yeast. Atop the bottle is a non-retouched balloon.

Observe.
Oh my! Do we see a little enlargement in said balloon???


And bigger yet.


Isn't that something?? The gases given off by that yeast have completely blown up the balloon!



Think it would work for tires?

1 comment:

Lil Ol Me said...

Arent you clever. We tried an experiment in Science this week in school and set all the fire alarms off! It was 10 minutes before school finished too so it was hilarious!
Incase youre wondering who I am...heres a clue....I live in England and I received your lovely letter this morning. Thank you.