Monday, June 29, 2009

Celebrating Two Milestones At Once

Earlier this summer we celebrated two big steps in Luke's life. First came his birthday. As hard as it is for me to believe, he turned 15 this year. Those years sure went by fast. Right on the heels of his birthday, we celebrated his graduation from eighth grade. It was a big month!

For his birthday all he wanted was a PHONE. Take a look at this picture and see if you can tell what was in the box he just opened. What you can't see is the smoke that virtually pours forth from said phone all day long as he texts people with lightning speed.

Of course any birthday boy deserves a great big gooey birthday cake!

It looks so innocent laying there on that plate, doesn't it? Get thee behind me, calorie laden treat.

Luke is a very good kid. He's highly responsible, tender hearted, respectful, everything you would want in a son. He's a very gifted athlete, a whiz with the camera, and a professional vacuum cleaner operator. Tim and I are both so proud of him.

Here he is with his graduation cake. Two cakes in one week...Wow! Time for Mama to hit the gym.

It's hard to believe he will be in high school next year. I still remember so well his first day of Kindergarten and exactly what he wore. He's come a long way since then. We will enjoy watching him grow closer to manhood with excitement, pride and, I'm sure, lumps in our throats.

1 comment:

Lil Ol Me said...

Hello
I have finally caught up reading your blog! Its great to read all about you all.
I haven't blogged for months but added an entry a couple of nights ago. I am hoping to keep it up for longer this time.
Keep the photos coming I love looking at all your family, their activities and your PAD's