Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nothing says Summer quite like a visit to Grandma's house...unless that visit happens to include a roaring bonfire and all the fixin's for a good old hot dog roast.
Now while it is true that I don't eat hot dogs under any circumstances (and I do mean ANY), it is certainly not true that I shun festive occasions where hot dogs are likely to be served. Nay, I am quite happy to slather my empty bun with ketchup and eat it with relish. (Get it? Relish? HAHA)

Anyway, All Those Boys do not have the same hot dog hangups that I do, so this was doubly exciting. Grandpa had a raging inferno going so cooking the hot dogs was a breeze. Everyone had their own sharp, dangerous, pointy stick to use.
Once those dogs were truly hot, it was time to eat! Yummy!

But, as everyone knows, the best part of the meal comes last, namely dessert. Well, what does one eat for dessert at a bonfire?? That's right! Roasted marshmallows!

This picture is a really good image of what it means to be two years old: See the 'ME DO!' look on his face and the tug-of-war going on over the dangerous weapon/marshmallow roasting device?

But at the end of the day, a toasted marshmallow sure is a sweet finish.

1 comment:

Lil Ol Me said...

Hi there
WOW looks like you had a good day. I so love toasted marshmallows. you haven't lived if you haven't ever tried them!