Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

As most of you know, I'm not that great at Necessary Childhood Events. I'm awful at throwing birthday parties for my kids. Heck, I'm usually not even ready for their birthdays even though they come on the same day every single year and really shouldn't sneak up on me the way they seem to. I'm also really bad at loading up my kidlets and going anywhere...like to see Santa...or to a festival of some sort...or to the Pumpkin Patch. Thank goodness I hooked up with some mommies who excel at that sort of endeavor and they make me go along. I end up having the best time of my life!

We had a fabulous time at the Pumpkin Patch this year.

The weather was beautiful! Sunny and warm...just perfect!
Chip and I loaded up with Rebecca, Garrett and Wyatt
and Christie, Aliah, Annabelle and Violet for this adventure.

I know what you're thinking...Hmmm, only Chip got to go? Yes, this is correct thinking. All Those Other Boys were in school. Yes, they were annoyed that they didn't get to go, but, frankly, it's a whole heck of a lot cheaper to take just one than 4, so there. Anyway there were LOTS of fun things to do at this Pumpkin Patch...and we tried them all!

The first big thing was the Zip Line!
To be honest, I wondered if Chip would be brave enough to actually do this activity or if I would be forced to hoist myself over the fence and rescue him. I really hoped that didn't happen, because my least favorite thing to do is any sort of hoisting.
But he didn't need rescuing of any kind! He loved the Zip Line!
And of course, the overgrown tricycles are always awesome.
Next came the train ride. All of the kids really liked riding the train and did it over and over and over. :o)
Another fun thing this Pumpkin Patch had to offer was lots of wonderful slides! Whee!
Chip had a little trouble with the rolling bars on this slide. His nylon pants kept creeping up his legs!

The little boys in particular loved the corn box where they could dig to their heart's content!

After such a fun afternoon, it was time to go home and recover. I tried to get a group picture of the kids with the pumpkins, but by this time, they were all pictured out. This is the best of the bunch. They were tired...but very happy!

Have a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHEE !!!! LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN !!