Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Outrage Of It All

Getting Chip's hair cut is not one of my favorite things to do. Seriously, it's a long, drawn out, painful process for at least three persons: Chip, known as the 'cuttee,' the hair stylist, hereafter known as the 'cutter,' and myself, a.k.a Mom Who Has To Hold Down A Kicking/Flailing Child. Well, this time I decided to document this ordeal for all the free world to see. I think you'll get a kick out of the progression of the fit.

Here we have a very wary 2-year old. He's not in the chair yet, but he knows what those shiny pointy things the lady is waving around are for.

Not too bad at first, but you can tell he's deciding if he should fall apart or not. Look at his squinty eyes...it's coming.

And it's here! I would hate to be the 'cutter' (remember, the lady with the scissors) in this situation. The pain! The indignity!

Something I've noticed is how in every single picture, I appear to be talking a mile a minute. Even when I've got his face in this stranglehold.

Finally, after the invasive procedure is complete and we are home again, the only thing in the whole world that can make it better is a big plate of french fries and a Barney movie. Whew! I think we're all glad that's over for a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am very familiar with this process...I have many of those same photos...which is why at this point in time..my son has the hair of a California surfer dude.