Sunday, December 5, 2010

This fall Luke decided to try Cross Country. I honestly expected him to really truly hate every single moment of it. Everything: practice, meets, everything. Does that sound negative? Well, look at it from the viewpoint of a person (me) who can barely understand the reasoning behind running a race in which you run as fast as you possibly can for a short distance. Add to that nonsense the fact that Cross Country folks run a long....long....long distance. Distances that I think should be traversed only by large, gasoline-guzzling vehicles.
So imagine my surprise and delight when he not only liked Cross Country, but LOVED Cross Country!

I found out also that I enjoyed going to the meets! There's a lesson here to be learned about broadening one's horizons, I'm sure, but I shall choose to ignore it.

He did pretty well for his first year and intends to do it again next year.

I'm just thrilled that he tried something new...and that it turned out to be such a wonderful thing for our whole family.
GO EAGLES!

No comments: