Wednesday, October 22, 2008





Well, I finally got myself in gear and pulled off a fine trip to the pumpkin patch. Usually I wait til it's too close to Halloween, then the place is completely packed and we all know how I hate completely packed situations. Or I wait til the weather is nasty or...the list goes on and on. I'm convinced the kids could have a satisfactory pumpkin patch experience by watching a field trip on the internet, but this year I pulled out all the stops and away we went. It turned out to be a wonderful day! The weather was just perfect and there was a reasonable amount of people there. We took a hayrack ride, the kids played on the swingsets and the huge slides. Tyler flew down the zipline. They all took turns at the pumpkin cannon, firing pumpkins at the Democratic Party sign (that's my boys!). They fed goats, ran through a haunted house, rode the big tricycles. And we topped it off by choosing just the perfect pumpkin for each child. That's not an easy thing, you know. If it hadn't been for the lure of lunch at Subway, I bet we'd still be there now, studying each and every pumpkin.

No comments: