Monday, October 27, 2008

Lucky 13...For All Of Us!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICK!!!

It is hard to believe that Nick just turned 13. Wow! Just the other day he was 4 feet tall and "Nicky." Now he's a strapping 5'6" and growing 1/2 inch per day, seems like. Either way, he's been a joy to have around. We all feel very lucky that we're the proud family of Nick.

Nick has turned into quite the KU fan. As his devoted mother, I'm throwing myself full force into this interest. I'm still not square with Lawrence politics, but I suppose my kid can wear KU shirts if he wants to, even if it does gripe me.
He got lots of KU things! A pillow, 2 shirts, a jersey, shades, a hoodie. Wow! What a neat pile of loot!

He even got a KU cake that I paid $5 extra to have that rice paper Jayhawk slapped on there.


It wasn't all about KU however. He also got a guitar that he REALLY wanted. He's going to learn to play. He will be great at it. Happy Birthday, Nick! We love you SO much!!

No comments: