Monday, November 3, 2008


Fall is a big time around here when it comes to birthdays. We celebrate mine, Nick's, Tyler's and Chip's in October and November. And that's just for people that actually live in our house! There are even more birthdays in our extended family! Lots of fun, for sure. Well, the last one we celebrated at home was Tyler's. He turned 9 on October 24. That's just amazing to me. He'll always be my baby no matter how that sets his teeth on edge.

He gave us a very nicely detailed birthday list of what he expected, I mean wanted, for his birthday. The very biggest, most important item on that list was this instrument to aid in the breaking of bones, the Rip-Stick. It's kind of like a skateboard, only with a little bit of skaterboy attitude thrown in. Just perfect for Ty! How he (and Nick, who got one as well) can zoom around on these things! I could never stand up on it, I'm sure, nor would I try. I was concerned that I might lose my balance just wrapping it! But he loves it. If you don't believe me, look at his face at the very moment he saw the as-requested silver Rip-Stick.

He is a real blessing to our family, and we're so very glad to have had him for the last 9 years!

WE LOVE YOU, TYLER! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: