Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Season Begins

This time of year is just made for traditions. And for a person that resists change as aggressively as I do, traditions are what it's all about. Every year, the same thing. Nothing ever differs. To some, that sounds boring and monotonous. To me, that sounds perfectly wonderful. One of our traditions that has evolved (not in THAT way) over time is our annual Feast. I like to capitalize it that way. Actually, I prefer to call it The Feast because I figure that if I cook multiple pans of starchy food all day long, serenely watch everyone overeat for 15 minutes, then slave over a sink of hot water for an hour while cleaning up, the darned event needs to have a full-fledged title. This year's Feast was yummy. I believe this picture of Tyler speaks volumes.

Mothers around the country agree: all the work is worth it when everyone is sitting around the table together!

I would be remiss if I didn't add this postscript. I actually have some pretty darn good help in the kitchen these days. As these pictures atest, Nick, Tyler and Chip can whip up a mighty nice looking pie or two. Thanks, Boys! I love to have All Those Boys help me in the kitchen...now we've just got to get the washing the dishes part drilled into their lovely young heads.


Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Donna- all those boys will may wonderful husbands some day! Keep up the good work.