Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mixing Up Some Fun

Like most ladies I know, I like to cook. And more than I like cooking, I like for people to enjoy the food I prepare. An easy way to accomplish this is to create tasty, preferably decadent, desserts. I mean, who's going to turn their nose up at some plate full of sugary yummy? Not me, that's who!
I also like to take pictures. Since I'm always short on time to pursue my hobbies, I decided to combine two of my favorite things, cooking and photography, and see what turns out. Plus a couple of my friends run food photo stories regularly and, underneath it all, I'm a copycat.
So today we're making cheesecake! Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, to be precise. The first thing any cook knows is that you must have all your ingredients within easy reach. Because stretching to reach is best saved for the gym.

Here we have a nicely browned graham cracker crust, 3 packages of cream cheese, a scant cup of sugar, 3 eggs and vanilla.

First we need to beat the cream cheese for about 1 minute, til it is nice and fluffy.

Then, slowly, pour in the sugar while continuing to beat the cream cheese.

After the sugar is completely incorporated, it's time for the eggs. One at a time...and beat thoroughly between eggs.

Finally, it's time for the vanilla. Pour it in liberally because there's nothing in the world like vanilla. I use about 1 1/2 tsps.

Once that's beaten in nicely, add your chocolate chips to the mix. Any that spill on the counter are fair game to be eaten, by the way.

Now your cheesecake batter is done. Pour it slowly over your crust and smooth the surface. Bake the lovely cheesecake in a preheated 300 degree oven for about an hour. You'll know it's done when it's dry on top and wiggles gently like Jello when you move it. Do not bake it for too long or it will crack, like the one in the picture above. :o(

When it comes out of the oven you'll want to eat it posthaste. But no! Chill it overnight and, the next day, you'll have a little slice of Heaven on your plate.

No comments: