Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm a Woman of Joy!


I did something completely out of the ordinary for me last weekend. Something that I really needed and enjoyed so much! What could it be, you ask? Was it chocolate covered? Well, in this rare case, it didn't involve candy, not that I didn't eat candy, but that's not the whole point of this post. Instead, I kissed Tim and All Those Boys goodbye and headed to Branson for a ladies retreat with some friends.

Wow! I know! We look so good, don't we? We are just about to head out for our fun-filled weekend of excitement at the Women of Joy conference.

We arrived in Branson just fine and were ready for all the events the weekend would hold. We saw Kirk Cameron Friday night and he spoke about his faith in Jesus. We all really enjoyed listening to him. The other speakers were just as wonderful and the worship band was truly amazing.

We did lots of fun things that only women would enjoy. We laughed alot, cried alot, ate alot. Some of us got our hair cut and styled. One brave friend even got an ear piercing that looked really sore to me, but she was glad.

It was a great weekend, but nothing at all compares with coming home! I missed Tim and the kidlets so, so much! They did great without me, but I have a feeling they were just as glad to see me as I was to see them.

No comments: