Monday, February 1, 2010

C...O...N...S...O...N...A...N...T

Tyler was chosen to participate in this year's spelling bee at the school. We were just thrilled. He loves to spell and is pretty good at it. He really doesn't get too nervous about things like this, so it looked like a positive situation.
Well, no one told me that I, the mother, the spectator, was going to have serious heart palpitations and trouble breathing while waiting for him to step up to the microphone! I swear, that was MUCH harder than spelling the word myself!

When it was all said and done, he made it through three rounds, but was eliminated when he misspelled the word 'consonant.' We are all very proud of him for participating at all!

And I went home and had a very large glass of Coke Zero...on the rocks.

No comments: